Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Proverbs 31 Woman Challenge - Day 9

Well today has been a wonderful day...lots of time just hanging out with my mom, which is very fitting for today's verses! I know that I am blessed to have such a wonderful mother. She's been such a great example to me of a woman after God's own heart, and she was my original example of the Proverbs 31 Woman! She (and my dad, can't leave him out!) raised 7 beautiful (!) kids & homeschooled us all---teaching us book knowledge and every day life lessons, and I consider her one of my very closest friends. It's awesome to have a mom like her!

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
“ Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.” -Proverbs 31:28 & 29

I am sure that many of us would do just about anything to have our children (and husband) think of us in such high regard. And though on some days we may feel like we're falling short of being worthy for our children to rise up and bless us, we have to keep in mind that 1) we can only be a true blessing to others when we're allowing Christ to live in and through us and 2) that our children (and husband!) are a work in progress too! I believe that if we let Jesus take the driver's seat then in due time we will be the women that He wants us to be and the mothers and wives that our children and husbands are proud to have as their own! So don't be discouraged, and let every day bring you closer to the goal of one day having your "children rise up and call {you} blessed!"

Challenge - Day 9

-Take time to thank your own mother, or motherly/mentor figure in your life, for what she has been to you.

-Be a blessing to your children and husband. Do something special just for them---it doesn't have to be anything big, but go out of your way to make them feel loved.

Tata for now, folks. See you back again tomorrow!

GO BE A BLESSING!!!

*Grace*


No comments:

Post a Comment