Friday, February 3, 2012

Trash to Treasure Garden Chair


About a week ago I was just heading out from our street when I spied an adorable chair in someones trash pile. The garbage truck was scheduled to come that day and I couldn't risk such a cute chair ending up in the dump, so I grabbed it up knowing I could do something with it. When I got it home I realized that the seat was missing (probably why it was in the trash pile), but no matter, I had an idea in mind. After discovering it was painted with a paint that would not withstand the outdoor weather I outfitted in with some Behr indoor/outdoor paint similar to the chair's original color. For the missing seat I simply painted a piece of plywood to stand in it's place that I found laying around in our garage...and it was already the perfect size, score! I picked up the cute flowers sign at World Market and the pots and herbs/flowers I got at Home Depot. There is still some work that needs to go into our little side "yard", but I am happy with this small improvement...such a happy place to look at now, although I'll be switching out the plants pretty soon for some that prefer more shade. Looks cute for now tho, doesn't it?!!



Blessings,
Grace

Linking up to: Miss Mustard Seed

1 comment:

  1. Oh what an adorable chair! Love it! So glad you snagged it up! That would have been a shame to have let it go the dump! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete