Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Can You Believe He Called This Junk?!!!!!!! ;)

I'm sure that I am not the first woman to bring home a treasure only to have it lovingly called "junk" by those who can't see its potential. You all know what I'm talking about, don't you? You walk in, giddy with excitement about your latest find, and you are received with rolling eyes and questions like "how much did you pay for that (junk)?" Then you try to explain the merits of your treasure, and how it will enhance your life...and the eyes keep rolling, but a smile erupts and you continue on your way with plans to display your newest member of the family in its proper place.

Here are some of the most recent treasures that I brought home to show my hubby. Can you believe he called this junk?!!


I found this vintage ATLAS E-Z Seal Canning Jar at a garage sale for 50 cents! It makes the perfect little vase for a few autumn roses and fern clippings.

I purchased the vintage galvanized Sugar & Flour canisters at the same garage sale, and when the lady told me "1.00 for the pair" I was beside myself with joy! I really like these canisters!

And here I am, pictured on my wedding day, going on 7 years ago! Whew, time flies!

I am so proud of my dear husband's doctorate degree hanging on the wall!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some good finds! My poor husband has finally (after 11 years of marriage) gotten use to me coming home with a van full of "junk" Now that I make money off it, he doesn't mind it!

    ReplyDelete