Monday, October 26, 2009

The Proverbs 31 Woman Challenge - Day 2

I woke up early this morning, and of course one of my first thoughts was the "challenge", wondering what today's goals would be as I strive to live up to the standards that God has set before me. Well, would you just look at the challenge verses for today:

She seeks wool and flax,
And willingly works with her hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
She brings her food from afar.
She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.
-Proverbs 31:13-15

I am already on top of things by rising early! Woohoo---now for the providing food part and working with my hands! ;)

I can remember reading these verses in days past and thinking to myself, well, most of these things sound pretty good...but rising while it is still night...I don't think so! But the fact is, the last few weeks I have been getting up quite early (for me), usually around 6:30 or a bit before that, and I love it! I don't know if I'm turning into a morning person or not, but I am enjoying being awake while the house is quiet, the world still sleeping around me, and I can have time to collect my thoughts and sort of plan my day. It's wonderful! Enough of that though, let's get onto the challenge!

Challenge - Day 2

-Find a project that needs to be finished (or started and worked on) that involves working with your hands. I personally have been wanting to make a couple of pillows to add to our living room, and have been putting it off for a week or more. So I will start with those! I also have a couple of loads of laundry that need folding, and seeing that I'll be working with my hands to get that done I'll tackle that first! Yes, laundry counts!

-Plan a thoughtful meal that your whole family will enjoy. Some days I concentrate too much on my own little projects around the house that I tend to rush meal prep time, and the food comes out so-so. Today I want to take time to put a little more effort into preparing meal that's healthy for my family and that tastes great too!

-Most of us don't have servants, but a lot of us have "furry friends" who help us around the house, no questions asked, and would like nothing more than some pats on the head and scratches behind the ears. Our dog, BoBo, will have to be the stand-in for the "maidservants"---he is actually quite handy around the house---he will clean the dishes for me (provided that they're caked with yummy leftovers to lick clean), he is a wonderful crumb-off-of-the-floor remover, and he protects us better than any security system. So, if you have a "servant" who doesn't require wages, take time today to provide a little extra treat for them and give some extra pats and scratches!

Challenge Day 2 is already off to a good start here---I have plenty of time to begin thinking on meal menu ideas, and might even start getting that laundry done---okay, maybe not quite yet, but it will get folded and put up---today!

*Oh, quick re-cap of yesterday: I made my hubby some yummy pancakes and bacon for breakfast...he was very excited about that!...and I tried to go out of my way to make him feel loved and respected. I also tried to stop what I was doing when he would ask me a question or talk to me so that I could concentrate on what he was saying. All in all it was a pretty good challenge day, and I will continue to work on the "challenges" in the days/weeks/months/years to come!*

Our faithful family pooch, BoBo!


Happy Challenge Day 2!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love all of your Proverbs 31 challenges...very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete