Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pillow Talk

This week has been a week of pillow-making. I posted recently about the new linen pillows I made for our couch---made from "upcycled" pillow stuffing from the not-so-pretty pillows that I replaced & covered with beautiful coffee-colored napkins-turned-pillow-covers...it may sound strange, but they actually turned out quite lovely. You can view them by going here.

At the beginning of the week I was getting a little bored, and after looking around my living room I decided to take an Americana themed pillow and recover it. I have been slowly but surely transitioning from the red, white & blues that formerly roamed my house to a more neutral color scheme. I have been falling in love with the rustic texture of burlap and decided to use a bit that I had laying around to cover my "new" pillow. It was a simple project and was just what my lazy afternoon needed. I machine sewed a few seams here, added a bit of lace accent there & finished up with hand-sewing on a few vintage white buttons. In no time at all my pillow was complete! It will need to be washed a few times to soften up a bit, but it looks just lovely. I am so happy to have a new pillow cover...and I didn't have to go out and buy anything either to make it! Thank goodness for a craft room full of little bits of this and that to help pull a project together! ;

Blessings!



My beautiful new pillow!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the buttons...makes me want to make some pillows for my sofa...they are in dire need of it!

    -Gail

    ReplyDelete