Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Spice of Life!

I can't remember where---but somewhere this past week I was reading through a home decorating magazine and saw a unique way to display votive candles in whole spices. I had already come up with my own version of this a couple of months ago by nestling some tea lights in whole coffee beans, displayed in glass jars on our dining room table...


...sorry, bad picture, but you get the idea.


Anyways, moving on to today...here is the "Spice of Life" display that I came up with. I visited one of my favorite stores, World Market, and found some deliciously scented whole spices to use. I also snagged a stemless wine glass and a brandy glass to help with my ensemble...


...I used a glass soda bottle to house some whole cinnamon sticks...whole nutmeg is tucked around a ginger tea light candle...and two more tea lights nestle inside of whole clove---and whole bean coffee---I gotta have my coffee! Everything sits on top of a silver perfume tray. I haven't lit the candles yet...I'll wait for a "special" occasion...but I just know that the aromas that the heated spices emit will be out of this world!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I want to do this! I have some pretty cinnamon sticks that I got at the...check it out...dollar store! I will either use them for Christmas stuff or maybe something like this!

    Great job!

    -GG

    ReplyDelete